I may have mentioned before that we try to visit the library often to check out some new to us books and explore different authors. We also have access (through the library) to an extensive online catalog of books, audiobooks, and music. Some of the books we’ve picked out for this week are water/ocean/beach themed. We’ll be looking at
- Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle
- Click Clack Splish Splash by Doreen Cronin
- The Watermelon Seed by Gregory Pizzoli
- Ladybug Girl at the Beach by David Soman (my daughter loves this series of adventurous and imaginative books)
- Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach by Melanin Watt
- Magic Tree House: Shadow of the Shark by Mary Pope Osborne (great series for reading out loud as a family or for an early chapter book reader)
- Treasure Hunters by James Patterson (my son loves these advanced books)
We’ll also pull out the beachy/water/ocean themed movies for this week. Some of our favorites are Moana and Finding Dory. And during some quieter times, we’ll listen to some music from regions that are more oceanic than us. Our favorite IZ songs will be in rotation and we’ll search the catalog online for some new songs.
Do you have any fun books that you’re reading this week? Or an idea for a different movie to introduce to the kids? We always love new suggestions!